Venice: Jake Attree Residential Summer School
27 July – 3 August 2018
“Venice, its temples and palaces did seem like fabrics of enchantment piled to heaven.” Percy Bysshe Shelley
Following in countless artists’ footsteps, Jake Attree will lead a week’s residential course for both beginners and the more experienced where the emphasis is on individual teaching within a maximum group size of eight. Beginning with the development of drawing skills as the basis of creative mark-making, there will be opportunities to work with oil pastels and watercolour for those who feel confident.
Jake is a highly experienced artist and mentor who will support you at a level appropriate to your needs, both within a group setting and individually.
This is a fabulous opportunity to extend your creative expression, whilst becoming attuned to the intoxicating experience that is Venice. Tuition is spread over six days, with two free half-days for you to explore the city as you wish.
– Six days’ tuition by celebrated artist Jake Attree in drawing, oil pastels and watercolours
– Seven nights’ four star accommodation with breakfast included
– Lunches (with wine) on each day of full tuition.
– Three evening meals (with wine) prepared using local Venetian produce, when we can gather and celebrate the achievements of the day
– Sketchbooks and all artist materials provided
– Your favourite work of the week displayed in the School House Gallery, York, on return
£1550 per person sharing double/twin room (with en suite)
£1750 per person in single room (with en suite)
10% reduction for non-participating friends or partners
A £400 per person deposit secures your place (subject to availability). To request a booking form please email the School House Gallery.
Flights are not included. You will be met on your day of arrival at the Vaporetto stop nearest to the accommodation.
Our detailed itinerary will be sent after the initial booking is made. It will balance iconic viewpoints of Venice with a focus on the authentic city – areas such as Canareggio, Dosuduro and the island of Burano.